FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!

Hand-Crafted Paper made from Poo!

Sustainable, Eco-friendly, Organic & Chemical Free - Made from Real Poo!

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Elephant POOPOOPAPER?
Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER environmentally friendly?
Does Elephant POOPOOPAPER smell bad?
Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER Organic?
Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER sanitary?
What types of paper do we make?
Can you print on Elephant paper?
Where do you get your elephant poo?
What properties make Elephant Poo good to make paper with?
What kinds of products can you make out of Elephant Poo?
What other kinds of poo can you make paper out of?


What is Elephant POOPOOPAPER?

Elephant POOPOOPAPER is an innovative, tree-free, organic, sustainable, paper made from alternative pulp-fibers. The Pulp that we make our paper from is composed of 100% natural, materials such as Elephant, Cow, Horse and Donkey Poo fibers – typically 85% of our tree-free pulp mixture. The remaining 15% of our natural, tree-free paper pulp mixture is composed of waste agriculture bi-products – such as Coconut shell fibers, Banana stocks, corn husk fibers and sugar cane. And, unlike traditional tree based, paper products, we use no chemicals or bleaches in our production processes. With many and legitimate concerns with deforestation, sustainability and the Global Climate Crisis, we believe our products are an amazing, eco-friendly alternative to tree-based, traditional pulp and paper industrialized production processes and products. The fact that POOPOOPAPER is fun and memorable goes a long way too…. By inspiring innovative, creative and sustainable ecological and industrial processes, practices and solutions to our shared environmental challenges. While POOPOOPAPER on its own will not solve our shared global environmental challenges, we believe that if we all contribute a small part towards living a greener, more sustainable lifestyle, our planet will be much better off. We believe that our unique, fun, sustainable, educational and functional products are a great way to share a positive example of how to approach a greener, more ecologically centered lifestyle that we believe is better for both People and the Planet.

TOP

Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER environmentally friendly?

Yes, we believe that POOPOOPAPER is amongst the most environmentally and ecologically sound paper made today. POOPOOPAPER is a fun, innovative, tree-free, chemical-free organic, sustainable, paper product made from alternative pulp-fibers that puts People and the Planet first. The Pulp that we make our paper from is composed of 100% natural, materials such as Elephant, Cow, Horse and Donkey Poo fibers – typically 85% of our tree-free pulp mixture. The remaining 15% of our natural, tree-free paper pulp mixture is composed of waste agriculture bi-products – such as Coconut shell fibers, Banana stocks, corn husk fibers and sugar cane. And, unlike traditional tree based, paper products, we use no chemicals or bleaches in our production processes. We believe our products are an amazing, eco-friendly alternative to tree-based, pulp and production processes and products.

TOP

Does Elephant POOPOOPAPER smell bad?

Absolutely NOT. The Elephant Poo and fibers that are used to make our paper are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized resulting in a beautiful and organic, natural smell. Even the Poo droppings from the Elephants themselves, as a result of their vegetarian diet – they are Herbivores – do not smell, as they contain none of the foods typically associated with foul odor. IE. Meat, eggs, cheese etc.

TOP

Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER Organic?

YES. Elephant Poo Poo Paper is completely organic. The pulp that we use to make our paper is composed of 100% natural, materials such as Elephant, Cow, Horse and Donkey Poo fibers – typically 85% of our tree-free pulp mixture. The remaining 15% of our natural, tree-free paper pulp mixture is composed of waste agriculture bi-products – such as Coconut shell fibers, Banana stocks, corn husk fibers and sugar cane. And, unlike traditional tree based, paper products, we use no chemicals or bleaches in our production process. Our natural coloured paper, is a great alternative to the typical, bleached white paper product – common in consumer wood pulp paper products and post consumer wastepaper products – which are the typical, mass industrial produced paper products available at your office supply retailer.

TOP

Is Elephant POOPOOPAPER sanitary?

Yes, Elephant Poo Poo Paper products are completely sanitary. Our production process involves removing any trace bacteria, germs and smell that may be present.

TOP

What types of paper do we make?

POOPOOPAPER makes both handmade and machine milled papers. Our hand made papers are rich and textured and are crafted using traditional paper making techniques which date back, mostly unchanged for thousands of years. Our Machine milled papers are crafted using a Fourdrinier paper mill and we produce a broad range of paper weights, ranging from 15 GSM tissue papers to 220 GSM cardstock. All of which adhere to the same organic, sustainable, natural, chemical and bleach free processes of our hand made paper.

TOP

Can you print on Elephant paper?

Yes, you can print on our machine milled papers with both laser printers found in your home or office as well as commercial offset printing presses.All of our paper is suitable for arts and crafts – such as block printing and stamping, sketching, water colour and silk screening. All of our in-house printing is done with 100% Soy based inks, which are completely organic and an environmentally friendly alternative to oil based inks often associated with commercial and industrial scale printing.

TOP

Where do you get your elephant poo?

Our POOPOOPAPER production facility is located in the northern part of Thailand near the city of Chiang Mai. Asian Elephants are endangered and in Thailand, they live in Elephant Sanctuaries. We partner with numerous Sanctuaries – which we feel keep and treat Elephants in the best manner possible – which includes : no riding, no hooks and the ability for the Elephants to roam.

TOP

What properties make Elephant Poo good to make paper with?

Elephant Poo is a great material to make tree-free, organic, sustainable paper pulp because Elephant’s are Herbivore’s – which means they are vegetarians. They eat things like leaves, tree bark, fruits, roots and grasses and this means that their Poo does not smell as it does not contain any of the foods typically associated with foul odor. IE. Meat, eggs, cheese etc. Another reason that Elephant Poo is great for making tree-free paper is because their digestive systems are not very efficient. This means that their Poo is filled with fibrous material which is great for paper making and is the main ingredient (approximately 85%) of our tree-free pulp mixture. The other 15% comes from agricultural bi-products such as coconut shell husks, banana trunk husks and sugar cane.

TOP

What kinds of products can you make out of Elephant Poo?

POOPOOPAPER makes a wide range of products out of our tree-free, Eco-friendly, sustainable, organic paper made from Elephant Poo, Cow Poo, Donkey Poo and Horse Poo. We make functional products, gifts and stationery items such as journals, cards, paper sheets and a lot more. Each product starts with our famous, eco-friendly paper – made from Poo. The Pulp that we make our paper from is composed of 100% natural, materials from Elephant, Cow, Horse and Donkey Poo fibers – typically 85% of our tree-free pulp mixture. The remaining 15% of our natural, tree-free paper pulp mixture is composed of waste agriculture bi-products – such as Coconut shell fibers, Banana stocks, corn husk fibers and sugar cane. And, unlike traditional tree based, paper products, we use no chemicals or bleaches in our production processes. We believe our products are an amazing, eco-friendly alternative to tree-based, pulp and production processes and products.

TOP

What other kinds of poo can you make paper out of?

At POOPOOPAPER, we make are able to make tree-free, eco-friendly, sustainable paper out of many types of a local, sustainable raw material. Our Classic Elephant Paper is made from 85% Elephant Poo Pulp and 15% agriculture waste bi-products. The Pulp that we make our paper from is composed of 100% natural, materials from Elephant, Cow, Horse and Donkey Poo fibers – typically 85% of our tree-free pulp mixture. The remaining 15% of our natural, tree-free paper pulp mixture is composed of waste agriculture bi-products – such as Coconut shell fibers, Banana stocks, corn husk fibers and sugar cane. And, unlike traditional tree based, paper products, we use no chemicals or bleaches in our production processes. We believe our products are an amazing, eco-friendly alternative to tree-based, pulp and production processes and products.

TOP